Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre (RISSC) is an independent research institution affiliated with the Royal Aal al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought. The Royal Aal al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought is an international Islamic non-governmental, independent institute headquartered in Amman, the capital of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
The purpose of the Royal Aal al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought is to serve Islam and humanity at large. Among its objectives are: promoting awareness of Islam and Islamic thought, rectifying unsound ideas and misconceptions about Islam, highlighting the Islamic intellectual contribution and its impact on human civilization, deepening the dialogue and fostering cooperation between the schools of Islamic jurisprudence, highlighting the achievements of Aal al-Bayt (Household of the Prophet) and their calling for middle ground, moderation and tolerance, fostering the encounter of Muslim scholars, the strengthening of their intellectual links and exchange of opinions, and cooperating with research centres, institutes, academic entities and universities in accordance with the objectives of the Institute
RISSC has a plethora of rich content related to Islam and many contemporary topics like terrorism, a modern ‘Islamic State’, environment,etc. Most of their publications are available free of cost for download on their website. It is a rich repository of information for all the people concerned about Islam.
Website : RISSC
- The Muslim 500 – a list of the world’s top 500 influential Muslims in the world.
Publications (English) :
This is a treasure trove of information on Islam. All of them are available free for download.
- Islam series – click here for download – Books in the series are :
- A Classical Primer on Tajwid – tajwid is the discipline of proper recitation of the Quran which is governed by strict rules as followed by the Prophet to enhance the impact and melody of the recitation. It is an annotated translation of Sheikh Sulaymān al-Jamzūrī’s Tuḥfat al-Aṭfāl.
- 40 Hadith on Sufism – by Sheikh Abu Abd al-Rahman al-Sulami
- 40 Hadith on Divine Mercy
- Red Sulphur – by ‘Abd Allah Ibn AbiBakr al-‘Aydarus
- The Project of a Viable and Sustainable Modern Islamic State
- War and Peace in Islam: The Uses and Abuses of Jihad – one of the best books on the subject.
- Condemning Terrorism – statements of prominent Muslims denouncing terrorism.
- The Quran and Combat – By Imam Mahmoud Muhammad Shaltut
- Warfare in the Qur’an
- Islam and Peace – by Dr Ibrahim Kalin
- Jihad and the Islamic Law of War
- On Invoking the Divine Name ‘Allah’
- The Concept of Faith in Islam
- Reason and Rationality in the Quran – by Dr Ibrahim Kalin included the Arabic and French version also.
- True Islam – summary and description of the fatwa’s (legal rulings) and international Islamic consensus on the Amman Message up until 2007.
- The Holy Quran and the Environment – discusses Islamic view on environment, relationship between man and environment, how human corruption leads to environment pollution and how human purification can help address the environmental crisis.
- The Amman Message – historic initiative from the Muslim world to engage with others and promote the message of peace.
- Interfaith series – click here for download – Books in the series are :
- A Common Word Between Us and You 5-Year Anniversary Edition
- World Interfaith Harmony Week – this document summarises the key events leading up to the UN resolution as well as documenting some Letters of Support and Events held in honour of the UN World Interfaith Harmony Week in 2011.
- Islam, Christianity and the Environment – Essays by: Dr.Ingrid Mattson, Dr.Murad Hoffman, Dr.Martin Arneth, Dr.Dietmar Mieth
- Common Ground between Islam and Buddhism – by Reza Shah Kazemi. “This is an important and pioneering book, which seeks to find common ground between the teachings of Islam and of Buddhism. It is my hope that on the basis of this common ground, followers of each tradition may come to appreciate the spiritual truths their different paths entail, and from this develop a basis for respect for each others’ practice and beliefs.This may not have occurred very often before, because there has been so little opportunity for real understanding between these two great traditions.This book attempts to set that right … From a Buddhist point of view, the practice of Islam is evidently a spiritual path of salvation.” — His Holiness, the Fourteenth Dalai Lama
- Body Count – quantifies the human death toll of religious and political violence throughout the last two millennia and relates these to religio-cultural civilizations.
- Jordan series – click here for download. It has a single book on ‘What Remains Behind – A Eulogy’.
- Jerusalem series – click here for download – Books in the series are :
- Why Should Muslims Visit Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa? – by Dr.Wasfi Kailani
- On the Israeli Demand for Recognition of a ‘Jewish State’ – by Prof. Sari Nusseibeh
- Keys to Jerusalem – brief overview of the history and religious significance of the Holy City of Jerusalem as a background to understanding the current legal and political status of the city.
- The Great Commentaries of the Holy Quran Series – click here for download – This has the translations of some of the most well respected and widely read commentaries (exegesis/tafsir) on the Holy Quran. The commentaries are :
- Tafsir Al-Jalalayn
- Tafsir Ibn Abbas
- Al-Wahidi’s Asbab Al-Nuzul – information of when the different verses of the Quran were revealed i.e. the context of revelation.
- Tafsir Al-Tustari
- Tafsir al-Kashani
- Abul-Qasim al-Qushayri’s Lataif al-Isharat
- Rashid al-Din Maybudi’s Kashf al-Asrar
Address : The Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre
20 Sa’ed Beno Street
Dabuq, Amman, Jordan
+962 6 534 4672